Southern Pot Roast
Cajun seasoning adds kick to this tender beef roast that's served with a corn and tomato mixture. "It is an unusual dish, but it's full of flavor," notes Amber Zurbrugg of Alliance, Ohio.
5 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with Cajun
- seasoning. Top with corn, onion and green pepper. Combine the
- tomatoes, pepper and hot pepper sauce; pour over vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender. Serve
- corn mixture with slotted spoon. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 455 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 147 mg cholesterol, 601 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 47 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.