- For meringue, in a large bowl, beat the egg whites, vanilla and cream
- of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in
- sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form.
- Spread evenly over hot filling, sealing edges to sides of baking
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until meringue is golden. Cool
- on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before
- serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 301 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.