Sourdough Ham Crescent Rolls
These eye-appealing crescent rolls are loaded with ham and hard-cooked eggs. They're a terrific main course for a ladies' luncheon.
32 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup Sourdough Starter (recipe also in Recipe Finder)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5 to 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk,
- Sourdough Starter, oil, sugar, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat until
- smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a medium stiff dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about
- 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into
- four pieces. Roll each into a 12-in. circle; cut into eight wedges.