Sour Cream Salad Dressing
In Ukiah, California, Phyllis Groves blends together a few items to create this tangy dressing for fresh greens. "It's easy to prepare ahead of time...or at the last minute," she says. Tip: You can even eliminate the milk and serve the mixture as a sauce over almost any vegetable, Phyllis suggests.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, combine the sour cream, milk, brown sugar, vinegar,
- mustard and salt. Serve Immediately; refrigerate leftovers. Yield:
- about 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts: 2 tablespoons (prepared with reduced-fat sour cream and fat-free milk) equals 46 calories, 2 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 95 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 fat-free milk.