Sour Cream Potato Rolls
Carol Giesbrecht from Kitchener, Ontario uses leftover mashed potatoes and mace in the dough for these tender rolls. "They've been a favorite in my family for years," she say. "They're delicious warm with butter and peach jam."
18 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + rising Bake: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mace
- 3 cups bread flour
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by
- manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of
- mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Punch dough down. Divide into 18 portions; roll each into a ball.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place
- until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 116 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 213 mg sodium,