Sour Cream Cucumbers
My mom always served this sweet-tart cucumber recipe with her Hungarian Chicken Paprika. The sauce is creamy and the cucumbers have a nice crunch. —Pamela Eaton, Monclova, Ohio
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Pepper to taste
- 4 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- In a serving bowl, combine the sour cream, vinegar, sugar and pepper.
- Stir in cucumbers and onion. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4
- hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup (prepared with reduced-fat sour cream) equals 52 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 vegetable.