Sour Cream Chip Muffins
"Take one bite and you'll see why these rich, tender muffins are the best I've ever tastes," writes Stephanie Moon, of Boise, Idaho. "Mint chocolate chips make them a big hit with my family and friends."
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup mint or semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda
- and salt. Combine the egg, sour cream, butter and vanilla. Stir into
- dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at
- 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan
- to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 259 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 217 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.