Sour Cream & Onion Potato Bake
This might just turn into your go-to recipe for potatoes when you're hosting a dinner party. You can whip it up before the guest arrive and it can bake while you attend to them.Susan Marshall, Colorado Springs, Colorado
9 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 5 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, milk, butter, green onions,
- sour cream, egg yolks, salt, lemon juice and white pepper.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into
- potato mixture. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish;
- sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 9
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 230 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 657 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein.