Sour Cherry Sorbet
“My mother-in-law has a sour cherry tree in her yard that yields many quarts of cherries each June, and this is a great way to use some up,” notes Carol Gaus of Itasca, Illinois. “This frosty sweet-sour sorbet is a refreshing treat on a hot summer day.”
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 3 cups frozen pitted tart cherries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup white wine or grape juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place cherries in a food processor; cover and process until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients; cover and pulse until blended. Pour into
- a freezer container. Cover and freeze until firm. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/3 cup equals 175 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.