Soothing Chicken Soup
"I made a few improvements to a fast-to-fix recipe to create this comforting soup," says Kris Countryman of Joliet, Illinois. It's easy to stir up with broth, soup mix and instant rice.
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 3 quarts chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, simmer celery in broth until tender.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until the rice is tender. Yield:
- 16 servings (4 quarts).
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.