Soft Sesame Breadsticks
I've been making these tasty breadsticks that go with almost any meal for years. Since they use ingredients like flour, sugar, baking powder and milk, it's convenient and inexpensive to mix up a batch.
-Nancy Johnson, Connersville, Indiana
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add milk and stir to form a soft dough. Turn onto a
- floured surface, knead gently 3-4 times. Roll into a 10-in. x 5-in.
- x 1/2-in. rectangle; cut into 12 breadsticks.
- Place butter in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Place breadsticks in the
- butter and turn to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake at
- 450° for 14-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield:
- 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 257 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 553 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.