Soft Pretzels with Mustard
This double feature of dippers and sauce takes only a short time to prepare. The little pretzels are easily shaped using refrigerated breadstick dough. While they bake, mix together the mustard dip.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated breadsticks
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Coarse salt
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- On an unfloured surface, roll each breadstick into a 20-in. rope;
- twist into a pretzel shape. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking
- sheets. Brush with egg white and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake at 375° for 10-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove
- to a wire rack. For mustard dip, combine the remaining ingredients
- in a small bowl. Serve with pretzels. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 109 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 451 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.