Soft Gingersnap Cookies
Assures Shonna Lee Leonard of Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia. "These soft, cake-like spice cookies are delightfully old-fashioned, which makes it hard to believe they're low in fat."
18 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- In a bowl, combine flours, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and
- salt. Combine the egg substitute, sugars, oil and molasses; mix
- well. Add to dry ingredients; mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coating with
- cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until cookies
- spring back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes; remove from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: One cookie equals 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat; also, 62 calories, 93 mg sodium, trace cholesterol, 11 gm carbohydrate,