Soft Fish Tacos
“My husband Bill and I created these tasty fish tacos,” Carrie Billups explains from Florence, Oregon. “The combination with tilapia and cabbage may seem unusual, but after one bite, everyone’s hooked!”
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup fat-free tartar sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 10 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese, chopped tomato and sliced California Avocado, optional
- In a large bowl, toss the coleslaw mix, tartar sauce, salt, cumin and
- pepper; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking
- spray, cook tilapia in oil and lemon juice over medium heat for 4-5
- minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Place tilapia on tortillas; top with coleslaw mixture. Serve with
- cheese, tomato and avocado if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2 tacos (calculated without optional toppings) equals 310 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 542 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch,