Soft Baked Custard
The creamy texture of this soft-set custard is so inviting, you could call it comfort food. It has a pleasant vanilla flavor that is complemented by ground nutmeg.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- In a small bowl, beat egg. Add the milk, sugar, vanilla and salt; mix
- well. Pour into two ungreased 6-oz. custard cups. Sprinkle with
- Place the custard cups on a baking pan. Fill pan with hot water to a
- depth of 1 in. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or
- until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 189 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 239 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 milk, 1/2 fat.