So Easy Gazpacho
My daughter got this recipe from a college friend and shared it with me. Now I serve it often as an appetizer. It certainly is the talk of the party.Lorna A. Sirtoli, Cortland, New York
4-5 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 4 medium tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate at
- least 4 hours or until chilled. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 146 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 387 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.