Snowman Sugar Cookies
"Store-bought dough speeds up the preparation time of these cute cookies," says Jean Wardrip Burr of Hope Mills, North Carolina. "They're so easy that the whole family- even little kids- can help decorate them."
12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 48 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 24 candy corn candies
- 1/2 cup Red Hots
- Cut cookie dough into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased
- baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes or until edges are
- lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to
- cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, cream shortening and butter. Gradually
- beat in confectioners' sugar. Beat in milk and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread over cookies. Decorate with chocolate chips, candy corn and
- Red Hots. Yield: 2 dozen.