Betty Tabb of Mifflintown, Pennsylvania writes that her soft cookies are especially well-received when she enfolds them in colored tissue before placing them in holiday containers. "It's a pretty way to deliver the snowmen," she confirms.Betty Tabb, Mifflintown, Pennsylvania
30 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Miniature semisweet chocolate chips, milk chocolate kisses and green and red M&M's
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon coconut extract
- Red and/or green food coloring
- In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and
- fluffy. Add egg and extracts; mix well. Combine flour and baking
- powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and
- chill overnight.
- Form dough into 90 balls, 30 each 1 in., 3/4 in. and 1/2 in.
- Position one ball of each size on an ungreased baking sheet to form
- a snowman. Repeat with remaining balls.