As pretty as a fresh snowdrift, this frothy, fruity punch has been a Christmas tradition in our family for years - but it's a light and refreshing thirst-quencher in any season.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 5 medium ripe bananas
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 liter lemon-lime soda, chilled
- 1 pint lemon or pineapple sherbet
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, optional
- In a blender, cover and process the lemon juice, bananas and sugar
- until smooth. Add cream; blend until smooth. Cover and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, pour banana mixture into a punch bowl. Stir in
- soda. Top with lemon sherbet and coconut if desired. Yield: 2-1/2
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 296 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 56 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.