Snow Pea Stir Fry
Snow Pea Stir-Fry is a family favorite from Pam Rahmer in Phillips, Wisconsin. "When my children were growing up, I had difficulty getting them to eat green vegetables," she says. "This recipe changed their minds. They liked the crisp-tender pea pods and tasty sauce."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh or frozen snow peas, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- In a large skillet, stir-fry almonds in butter for 2 minutes or until
- lightly toasted. Add snow peas and mushrooms; stir-fry 2 minutes
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, bouillon, water and soy
- sauce until smooth. Add to skillet; bring to a boil. Cook and stir
- for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with reduced-sodium soy sauce) equals 108 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 235 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.