Snow Pea Saute
A hint of soy sauce adds a tasty twist to this side dish from Kathleen Higginbotham of Grass Valley, California.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cups fresh snow peas
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- In a skillet, saute peas, carrots and water chestnuts in oil. In a
- bowl, combine cornstarch, broth and soy sauce until smooth; add to
- vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or
- until thickened. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 85 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 271 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.