Snappy Pea Pods
Snappy Pea Pods look just as good as they taste. “This side dish is great and really quick,” says Trisha Kruse of Eagle, Idaho. “Sesame oil enhances the pea pods' flavor, giving this medley extra flair.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3/4 pound fresh or frozen sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until
- crisp-tender. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cover
- and simmer for 2-4 minutes or until peas are crisp-tender. Serve
- with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 89 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 270 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.