Snappy Horseradish Dill Pickles
These pickles are a great last-minute gift because they are so easy to make-a little horseradish adds zip to a jar of purchased pickles. They're in hot demand at Christmas! My husband and three grown sons can't get enough of them.
16 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 jar (32 ounces) whole dill pickles
- 1/3 cup prepared horseradish
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- Drain and discard juice from pickles. Slice pickles into spears and
- return to jar. Add horseradish. In a saucepan, bring the sugar,
- water and vinegar to a boil. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Pour
- over pickles. Cool completely. Cover jar and shake. Refrigerate for
- at least 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 1 quart.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 48 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 678 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.