- To prepare banana cake: In a bowl, beat egg, milk and oil. Stir in
- 2-1/4 cups cake mix and banana; mix well. Fold in walnuts. Pour into
- a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35
- minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out
- clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
- To prepare applesauce cake: In a bowl, beat egg, applesauce and oil.
- Add cinnamon, allspice, cloves and 2-1/4 cups cake mix; mix well.
- Fold in raisins and walnuts. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking
- pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes
- out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Editor's Note: Contents of mix may settle during storage. When preparing recipe, spoon mix into measuring cup.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 372 calories, 19 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 285 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.