Smothered Pork Chop
I like to saute extra mushrooms and caramelize some onions for the side of this dish.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Broil: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil, parsley flakes and rosemary, crushed
- 2 boneless butterflied pork chops (1/2 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices pepper Jack cheese
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, lemon juice,
- garlic, lemon peel, salt, pepper, basil, parsley and rosemary; add
- the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours or
- Drain and discard marinade. Broil pork chops 4-5 in. from the heat
- for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until