When I left home, I either had to learn to cook or eat convenience foods...I was too spoiled by Mom's delicious cooking to settle for that!Jerry Minerich, Westminster, Colorado
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 slices bread, torn
- 1-1/4 cups milk, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- In a bowl, soak bread in 1/4 cup of milk for 2 minutes. Add eggs,
- seasonings and onion; mix well. Stir in beef; shape into 1-in.
- balls. In a skillet, brown meatballs in oil; drain, Combine soup and
- the remaining milk; pour over meatballs. Stir until the sauce is
- Pour into a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for
- 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 432 calories, 26 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 175 mg cholesterol, 1,337 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.