Smoky Potato Rounds
I love potato skins but decided to top them with barbecue sauce to kick up the flavor a notch. Once the potatoes are baked, these appetizers come together in a hurry. —Rebecca Dozier, Kouts, Indiana
18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1/3 cup KC Masterpiece®
KC Masterpiece Original BBQ Sauce is great with all types of meat and in favorite sides like beans, casseroles and more.
See More Recipes >
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes or until
- almost tender.
- When cool enough to handle, cut each potato widthwise into 1/2-in.
- slices. Place on a greased baking sheet. Brush with barbecue sauce;
- sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender and cheese is
- melted. Top with sour cream and onions. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 appetizer equals 73 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 115 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Blush Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.