Smoky Pecan Puffs
Guests will think you fussed when you set out a tray of these pretty puffs. For a more festive look, cut the pastry with a small star cutter. —Awynne Thurstenson, Siloam Springs, Arkansas
81 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- Unfold puff pastry; cut into 1-in. squares. Place on parchment
- paper-lined baking sheets. Whisk egg and water; brush over squares.
- Sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or
- until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, sherry and Liquid Smoke if
- desired; stir in pecans and onion.
- Split each square horizontally; spread with 3/4 teaspoon cream cheese
- mixture. Replace tops.
- Yield: 81 appetizers.
Nutrition Facts: 1 appetizer equals 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 19 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,