Smoky Grilled Shrimp
Grill up these bacon-wrapped hors d’oeuvres and watch them disappear! They taste just as scrumptious as they look, and the reserved sauce is wonderful for dipping. —Debbie Taylor, White Bluff, Tennessee
30 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound bacon strips
- 1-1/4 cups honey Dijon salad dressing
- 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Cut bacon strips in half widthwise. In a large skillet, cook bacon
- over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to
- paper towels to drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, horseradish and garlic;
- set aside 3/4 cup. Brush remaining mixture over both sides of
- shrimp. Wrap a piece of bacon around each shrimp; thread onto four
- metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil. Using long-handled tongs,
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill shrimp, covered, over medium heat
- or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes or until shrimp turn
- pink, turning once. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen
- (3/4 cup sauce).
Nutrition Facts: 1 shrimp with 1 teaspoon sauce equals 79 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 170 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.