Smoky Grilled Shrimp for Two
Grill up these bacon-wrapped hors d’oeuvres and watch them disappear! They taste just as scrumptious as they look, and the reserved sauce is wonderful for dipping. —Debbie Taylor, White Bluff, Tennessee
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound bacon strips
- 2/3 cup honey Dijon salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 12 uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Cut bacon strips in half widthwise. In a large skillet, cook bacon
- over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to
- paper towels to drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, horseradish and garlic;
- set aside 1/3 cup. Brush remaining mixture over both sides of
- shrimp. Wrap a piece of bacon around each shrimp; thread onto two
- metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill shrimp, covered, over medium heat
- or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes or until shrimp turn
- pink, turning once. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 1 dozen (1/3
- cup sauce).
Nutrition Facts: 3 shrimp with 1 tablespoon sauce equals 450 calories, 40 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 818 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 15 g protein.