- in.); seal tightly. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip
- pan. Place ribs over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect
- medium heat for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until tender.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cranberries, brown sugar, vinegar,
- onion and reserved spice mixture. Cook over medium heat until
- berries pop, about 15 minutes; cool slightly. Transfer to a blender;
- add ketchup. Cover and process until smooth. Set aside 1 cup sauce
- for serving.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs,
- lightly coat the grill rack. Carefully remove ribs from foil. Place
- over direct heat; baste with some of the sauce. Grill, covered, over
- medium heat for 20-30 minutes or until browned, turning and basting
- occasionally. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving with 3 tablespoons sauce equals 1,023 calories, 62 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 245 mg cholesterol, 1,936 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 51 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.