Smoky Bean Stew
Glenda Holmes of Riley, Kansas gets this satisfying sausage-and-bean stew started in the slow cooker, then spends the afternoon curled up with a good book. "It's an effortless meal that tastes great," she relates.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature smoked sausage links
- 1 can (16 ounces) baked beans
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 2 cups frozen lima beans
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on
- high for 4-5 hours or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6-8
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 363 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 1,057 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 14 g protein.