Smoky Apricot Tarts
"These are easy to double, which is a good thing because they will disappear before you know it." You’ll love the taste of these addictive, no-fuss, fall-flavored appetizers. —Donna Marie Ryan, Topsfield, Massachusetts
15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 1 package (1.9 ounces) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked mozzarella cheese
- In a small saucepan, combine the preserves, pie spice and 1
- tablespoon brown sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar
- is dissolved. Spoon into tart shells; arrange on an ungreased baking
- sheet. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining brown sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve
- warm. Yield: 15 appetizers.
Nutrition Facts: 1 appetizer equals 77 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 22 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.