Smoked Turkey and Apple Salad
An eye-catching dish, this refreshing salad is a great main course for a summer lunch or light dinner. The dressing's Dijon flavor goes nicely with the turkey, and the apples add crunch.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 bunch watercress or romaine, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces smoked turkey, julienned
- 4 unpeeled apples, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Whisk together dressing ingredients; set aside.
- Just before serving, arrange salad greens on a platter or individual
- plates. Top with carrot, tomatoes, turkey and apples. Drizzle
- dressing over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 8
Nutrition Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared with romaine and without added salt) equals 2 fat, 1-1/2 vegetable, 1 meat; also, 195 calories, 267 mg sodium, 8 mg cholesterol, 10 gm carbohydrate, 6 gm protein, 16 gm fat.