Smoked Turkey Cranberry Salad
A trip to the deli and a stop at the produce department make this an easy dinner solution. “It’s a healthy salad with a bold, smoky flavor,” promises Lisa Renshaw of Kansas City, Missouri. “And it’s a surefire way to get your family to eat salad.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cranberry juice
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cups cubed deli smoked turkey
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in turkey
- and celery. Divide the salad greens among four plates; top each with
- 3/4 cup turkey mixture and 2 tablespoons cranberries. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 231 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 1,236 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.