Smoked Sausage Stew
I like to volunteer my time by sharing dishes like this with others. It's a down-home one-pot dinner that appeals to all. Corn bread and a green salad really round out the meal.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 1 hour
- 2 cans (11-1/2 ounces each) condensed bean and bacon soup, undiluted
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 12 ounces smoked sausage, thinly sliced
- In a large saucepan, combine the soup, tomatoes and water. Add the
- potatoes, carrots, celery, and chili powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add sausage; cover and simmer
- 40 minutes longer. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 310 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 1,138 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 13 g protein.