Smoked Sausage Appetizers
A savory, sweet sauce with a touch of currant jelly glazes these yummy little sausages. They make a great appetizer, and both adults and kids seem to love these baby hot dogs. —Kathryn Bainbridge, PA Furnace, Pennsylvania
32 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup red currant jelly
- 3/4 cup KC Masterpiece®
KC Masterpiece Original BBQ Sauce is great with all types of meat and in favorite sides like beans, casseroles and more.
See More Recipes >
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 packages (1 pound each) miniature smoked sausages, drained
- In a large saucepan, combine the jelly, barbecue sauce and mustard.
- Cook, uncovered, over medium heat, for 15-20 minutes or until jelly
- is melted and mixture is smooth, stirring occasionally.
- Add sausages; stir to coat. Cover and cook 5-6 minutes longer or
- until heated through, stirring occasionally. Serve with toothpicks.
- Yield: 8 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 106 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 345 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Blush Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.