Smoked Salmon Tomato Cups
Field editor Vicki Raatz of Waterloo, Wisconsin shares this easy appetizer that pairs fresh cherry tomatoes with smoked salmon. Get your deck party or other summer gathering off to a delicious start with these colorful little bites.
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 24 cherry tomatoes (about 1 pint)
- 1 package (3 ounces) smoked salmon or lox, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out and discard
- pulp; invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stuff into
- tomatoes. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 tomato cup equals 9 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.