Smoked Salmon Pizzas
These individual pizzas made from toasted pita breads are a tasty way to finish up extra salmon in this swift snack sent in by Laura Davis from Ann Arbor, Michigan. Seafood lovers are sure to request it time and again.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 pita breads (6 inches)
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 pound smoked salmon or lox, chopped
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Place pitas on an ungreased baking sheet. Top with pizza sauce,
- salmon, onion, cheese and oregano. Bake at 425° for 7-10 minutes
- or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 420 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 1,798 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.