Smoked Salmon-Dijon Creme Fraiche Canapes
These little smoked salmon canapes look so elegant, yet take no time at all to whip up. They are perfect for brunch, but also great with afternoon tea or cocktail hour. For accompanying recipes, entertaining tips and a video, visit tasteofhome.com/katielee. Katie Lee
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
- 3 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced (plus more for garnish)
- Sliced pumpernickel bread
- 1/2 pound smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, combine creme fraiche, Dijon, honey, lemon juice and
- dill. Chill at least 4 hours, until serving time.
- Cut crusts from pumpernickel. Use a 1-1/2-inch round cookie cutter to
- cut bread into circles. Lightly toast. Spread Dijon mixture onto
- pumpernickel. Top with a piece of salmon and garnish with dill.
- Yield: serves 6 (about 50 pieces).
Nutrition Facts: 8 canapes equals 186 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 683 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.