Smoked Salmon Bites with Shallot Sauce
Tangy mayonnaise-Dijon sauce adds zip to flaky pastry and layers of crisp arugula, thinly sliced smoked salmon and nutty-flavored Asiago cheese. —Jamie Brown-Miller, Napa, California
25 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 shallots
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise
Rich and creamy, Hellman's® Real Mayonnaise makes your sides and sandwiches more tasty!
See More Recipes >
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup fresh arugula or baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 4-1/2 ounces smoked salmon or lox, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- Unfold puff pastry; cut into 25 squares. Transfer to greased baking
- sheets. Bake at 400° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, grate one shallot and finely chop the other. In a small
- bowl, combine the shallots, mustard, mayonnaise and vinegar. While
- whisking, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Spoon a small amount
- of sauce onto each pastry; layer with arugula and salmon. Drizzle
- with remaining sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 25 appetizers.