Smashed Red Potatoes
Olive oil and parsley are a nice change from milk and butter in this dish.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into small wedges
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or
- until tender.
- Drain and place in a large bowl. Coarsely mash the potatoes; stir in
- the parsley, oil, salt and pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 150 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 404 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.