Small-Batch Potato Salad
Since my kids left home some years ago, I have been relying on smaller-portioned. This recipes conveniently calls for canned potatoes, so I can make it at a moment's notice.June Schwanz, Saukville, Wisconsin
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 bacon strips
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced potatoes, drained
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons
- of drippings. Crumble bacon and set aside. Add cornstarch and sugar
- to drippings; stir until smooth. Add water, vinegar, salt and
- pepper; cook and stir over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until
- thickened and bubbly. Stir in potatoes and bacon. Cook for 2-3
- minutes or until heated through. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Garnish with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 479 calories, 26 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 1,416 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.