Small Batch Popovers
"These golden popovers are a great way to round out any meal," notes Pauline Sniezek of Adams, Massachuesetts. "We have enjoyed these popovers often during 50 years together."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- In a small bowl, combine flour and salt. Whisk together eggs and
- milk; stir into dry ingredients just until blended. Pour into four
- greased and floured 8-oz. custard cups. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20 minutes or until puffed and
- edges are golden brown (do not open the oven door during baking).
- Yield: 4 popovers.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 226 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 221 mg cholesterol, 389 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.