I love tomatoes, and these are healthy and versatile. You can use them in sandwiches, omelets and to top broiled chicken. —Julie Tilney, Downey, California
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 3 hours + cooling
- 20 plum tomatoes (about 5 pounds)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2-1/2 teaspoons salt
- Cut tomatoes into 1/2-in. slices. Brush with oil; sprinkle with
- Italian seasoning and salt.
- Place on racks coated with cooking spray in foil-lined 15-in. x
- 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 3 to
- 3-1/2 hours or until tomatoes are deep brown around the edges and
- shriveled. Cool for 10-15 minutes. Serve warm or at room
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week
- or freeze for up to 3 months. Bring tomatoes to room temperature
- before using. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup equals 45 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 373 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.