Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes
“On hot summer days, this cooks without heating up the kitchen, while I work on the rest of the meal," explains Carol Losier from Baldwinsville, New York. "It's easy to double or triple for crowds, and if there are any leftovers- you can freeze it to enjoy later!”
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 3 hours
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, celery and onion over medium heat
- until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow
- Stir in the chili sauce, brown sugar, pickle relish, Worcestershire
- sauce, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until
- heated through and flavors are blended. Spoon 1/2 cup beef mixture
- onto each bun. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich equals 324 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 1,313 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.