Slow Cooker Pork Chops
These chops turn out nice and tender, and fall apart easily after being slow cooked. The tomatoey sauce is nice over rice.Lee Ann Schalk, Garfield, Arizona
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into rings
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, brown chops in oil in batches; drain. Transfer to
- a 5-qt. slow cooker. Layer with onion, red pepper and mushrooms.
- Combine the tomatoes, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce,
- salt and pepper; pour over vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender. Serve
- with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 pork chop with 3/4 cup vegetable mixture (calculated without rice) equals 398 calories, 21 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 434 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 38 g protein.