Slow Cooker Pizza Casserole
A comforting casserole with mass appeal is just what you need when cooking for a crowd. For added convenience, it stays warm in a slow cooker.
12-14 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 1 package (16 ounces) rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pizza sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet,
- cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink;
- Drain pasta; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the beef mixture,
- cheese, pizza sauce, soup and pepperoni. Cover and cook on low for
- 2-3 hours or until heated through. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 329 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 885 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.