Slow Cooker Mexican Dip
"My husband, Jamie, and I love to entertain," explains Heather Courtney in Ames, Iowa, "and this hearty, 7-ingredient dip is always a hit…as well as a request. It couldn’t be much easier to put together, and using our slow cooker leaves us free to share some quality time with our guests. After all, isn't that the purpose of a holiday party?"
64 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 1-1/2 hours
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, sausage and onion over medium heat
- until meat is no longer pink; drain. Heat rice according to package
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the meat mixture, rice, beans,
- enchilada sauce and cheese. Cover and cook on low for 1-1/2 to 2
- hours or until cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla scoops. Yield:
- 8 cups.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.