Slow Cooker Chili
Sandra McKenzie of Braham, Minnesota says this slow cooker chili is satisfying. "I use home-canned tomatoes and pizza sauce to give it my own unique flavor," she adds.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 to 5 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until heated through. Yield: 12
- servings (3 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 188 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 473 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 17 g protein.